Avast is a complete security program that allows users to keep their commuters protected from malicious attacks and viruses.
The web module shield of this software is designed mainly to can the websites you visit when browsing the internet, and it blocks the malicious sites and prevents threats.
Avast is a strong internet security software and antivirus used by many individual users and businesses.
It has been the top most used antivirus so far, It provides sufficient protection for Mac OS and Windows computers.
The virus protects your system against malware and other threats by moving programs and files to the virus chest and blocking them from operating on your system.
Also, it blocks access to websites that are a threat to your system. Malware is a program designed to attack computer systems and steal data for malicious purposes.
3 Ways to Get Access to a Safe Program Identified as a Threat
If you need to regain access to a program or website that the Avast Antivirus identified as a threat, we have explained three simple ways so that you can regain access to the programs you need and want to be unblocked.
1. Add the Program or Website to the Exclusion List
If you want to inlock a website that Avast has blocked, you can do that by adding the URL of the site to the exclusion list.
For that, you just need to follow the following simple steps
Step 1: Open Avast on your PC and go to the Avast dashboard
Step 2: Click Menu and click the Settings tab. The next thing to do is to click the Exceptions tab under the General tab.
Step 3: Click the ADD EXCEPTION option and add a new window will pop up. Then you can type the URL of the website you want to unblock.
The following are detailed instructions to help you unblock a program.
Step 1: Go to the dashboard option of the Avast Antivirus option and click the Settings options.
Step 2: In the settings, look for active protection and click it.
Step 3: Select the shield name that you want to add to the list and click customize the link.
Step 4: Find the Menu in exclusions and select those you want to ignore by the shield.
2. Disable Avast Temporarily
You can install a program that Avast blocks by disabling the antivirus temporarily.
Follow the steps below to temporarily block Avast
• Open the Avast user interface
• Proceed to the protection and click on Core shields
• You can click on Settings and then on the components.
• There, you will find Avast shields that include Behavior Shield, File System Shield, Web Shield, and the Mail Shield.
• Find the shield hat you want to disable and click on the Switcher.
• The next thing you will see is that Avast will display four options – 1 hour, 10 minutes, or permanently until the computer restarts.
• Click on the length of time for which you would want to disable the Avast Antivirus.
• As you disable the shield successfully, the switch will be changed to OFF.
• The primary window will turn yellow with a message, ‘’File Shield is now off’’.
• Also, you can re-enable it by clicking on the ‘’Turn on’’ button, and a message will appear that says ‘’ You’re Protected’’.
3. Disable Avast Completely
• Disabling the Avast shield altogether means turning the Avast Antivirus off completely. You can do that by following the steps given below.
• Navigate to the Windows taskbar and right-click on the orange Avast icon.
• Look for the ‘’Avast Shields Control’’ and choose the option that says disable permanently.
• Avast will ask you to confirm.
• You can confirm by clicking on ‘’Yes’’.
• To make sure the Avast antivirus has been disabled, just open the main window.
The status option appearing should be red, and it will be ‘’ Click on the Resolve button to reactivate.’’
I Avast blocks every program you want to install. You can uninstall Avast completely.
Avast protects your computer very well, but if you need a program and it doesn’t allow that program.
You can disable the shields following the processes explained above and enjoy the programs or websites you want to be uninstalled.